Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Let's Get the Formalities off of my Brain




"Sweatpant nation..bible belt...auuuugh"
I am going to start off by clarifying something, more for my ease of mind than anyone else's. Notice my clever little Title Pun: "Confessions of an IcT Girl", which basically is a play off of the term "It Girl" and..well, the somewhat confusing abbreviation of the Sweatpant-infested city that I currently reside. (As used by our airport and local "rap stars.")
I will also swallow my pride (though I am pretty shameless, I will admit to that) and tell you I didn't even think up the title. My much more clever Twin sister with a B.A. in English Literature suggested I start a Blog, and my ADHD brain took the general concept and applied it here.
OH the formalities.
She will probably proofreed the Catlady out of herself over this blog as well.

I wanted to start a blog about living in a "Large" midwestern city, that is just large enough to hold a few Reputable stores and should have the collective brain for fashion, but just small enough to, well, not have the collective brain for anything fashion, couture, or likewise.

Now before I get hunted down in the streets and strangled by a mass of women in oversized Winnie-The-Pooh tshirts and others decked out in the latest styles from DEB, I will say there are a few city-dwellers here that will suffer (And I do mean suffer) for fashion. Suffer as far as the looks, the ridicule & general misunderstanding of their outfit of choice. I like to consider myself part of the latter.

I should probably save this and leave before my boss walks up behind me and wonders why I am not stocking the vast shelves of Hair Product and Makeup Retail.
(I already replaced all of the outdated issues of Vogue and W (U.S. issues of course,) next to the stylist's stations for chrissakes.

Sigh.

Rant Later?

Love & Louboutins

Keely

No comments:

Post a Comment